|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Minimum GPA:||2.8||Eligible Class Standing:||2 Sophomore, 3 Junior, 4 Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Italian||Study Abroad Program Type:||Saint Mary's Program|
|Housing:||Shared||Field of Study:||Art History, Business Administration, Communication, Economics, English, Global Regional Studies, History, Italian, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Studio Art|
Study Abroad Italy--John Cabot University, Rome
We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. - Anais Nin
Photo Credits: Peggychoucair Pixabay
- Earn SMC credits while engaging with Italians and other international students
- Enroll in an Italian language course available at all levels and intensities
- Immerse yourself in the rich culture of Italy while living and learning in Rome
- John Cabot offers a variety of academic options geared to accommodate almost all majors
- Embark on weekly cultural activities provided by SAI programs
- Opportunities for the Global Leaders Certificate and/or internships are available
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- An average of a 2.8 minimum cumulative AND major GPA;
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for Summer/Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and October 1st for Spring Semester start programs
- Selection results will be announced early April for Summer/Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and early November for Spring Semester start programs
- SMC Study Abroad deposit ($600) and SAI Security/Housing Deposit ($300) will be 1 week after acceptance
- ?Students will register for courses after deposits are paid
2017-2018 Semester Fees
**Tuition & Fees include tuition and medical insurance
|Tuition and Fees||$22,768|
|Room (Board NOT included)||$4,790|
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)||$1500|
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)||$1,100|
|SMC Study Abroad Deposit (due one month after acceptance)||$600|
|SAI Security/Housing Deposit (due 7 days after SAI acceptance)||$300|
|Study Abroad Fee||$28|
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
Photo Credits: John Cabot University
Study at John Cabot University through SAI and John Cabot University (JCU) is a four-year American university founded in 1972. The campus is located in Trastevere, a charming and historic neighborhood in the heart of Rome. JCU offers courses in Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences or International Business. JCU consists of 2 campuses-Tiber and Guarini. To find out more about JCU, click here. As an SAI study abroad student, you will be able to join fellow students in many enjoyable extracurricular activities such as wine tasting, overnight tours, cooking classes and more!
HousingStudents are placed with other (usually US) SAI students in clean, comfortable apartments that are privately owned and located in buildings shared by Italian residents. Apartments are generally located within a 30 minute walk from both campuses. A typical residence will house 2-6 students, and contains a combination of single and double bedrooms. Bedding, towels, kitchen supplies and washing machines are provided in the Italian apartments. SMC students are placed in double rooms (students who wish to have a single room, will need to pay the additional fee to SAI). Students will be provided 20 meal vouchers that can be redeemed at the JCU Tiber Cafe. However, students will be responsible for purchasing other meals. The kitchen, bathrooms, and living areas are shared.
For students who are interested in gaining Italian skills prior to studying abroad, please consider taking Italian courses at SMC. For more information, please look HERE.
To search for classes follow the link below: Select "Semester & Quarter" under "Programs Available" on the right side of the page.
-To learn more about courses students have received approval for, please click the following link:
JCU pre-approved courses