|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Eligible Class Standing:||2 Sophomore, 3 Junior, 4 Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Study Abroad Program Type:||Lasallian International Programs Consortium|
|Housing:||Homestay||Field of Study:||Art History, Global Regional Studies, History, Politics, Spanish|
“Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves” – Euripides
Photo Credits: LonelyPlanet
- Live in Cordoba, the second largest city in Argentina, located in the foothills of the Sierra Chica mountain
- Continue to study Spanish while taking content courses in your major/minor/core curriculum
- Live with a host family and learn about the Argentinian way of life
Spanish Studies Program Course Offerings
Integrated Studies Program Course Offerings
Cordoba pre-approved courses
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- An average of a 2.8 minimum cumulative AND major GPA;
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and October 1st for Spring Semester start programs
- Selection results will be announced early April for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and early November for Spring Semester start programs
- Study abroad deposit ($600) will be due upon acceptance
2018-2019 Semester Fees*Tuition & Fees include tuition and medical insurance
|Tuition & Fees||$23,565|
|Room (Board Included)||$7,532|
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)||$1,500|
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)||$1,100|
|Study Abroad Deposit (due one month after acceptance)||$600|
|Security Housing Deposit||N/A|
|Study Abroad Fee||$28|
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
Photo Credits: studyabroad101This Lasalllian International Program is offered through Saint Mary's University of Minnesota in coordination with Center for Cross-Cultural Study(CC-CS). In Cordoba students will have two program options: Spanish Studies and Integrated Studies.
Spanish Studies Program is designed for students who have completed one semester of intermediate college Spanish (Spanish 3 equivalent). Students will attend classes with other international students at the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (UNC) through their international department, the Programa de Español y Cultural Latinoamericana (PECLA). In addition to living with a host family, CC-CS students will participate in a variety of cultural activities and excursions around Córdoba and beyond.
Integrated Studies Program is designed for students who have completed two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent, or native/near-native speakers of Spanish. Immerse yourself in university life at the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (UNC) while receiving academic support and cultural guidance to achieve the maximum language acquisition and cultural integration. Make friends with locals and international students alike, practice Spanish with your host family over empanadas or mate, and experience the best of Argentina and your host city through cultural visits and excursions.
HousingDuring the one-month intensive language and culture course and the regular semester, you live with a local family near Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. This early immersion in Argentine language will help you gain an understanding of daily life and customs in Córdoba. There too, sharing in family conversations, you begin to learn "unspoken language" – the family values and subtle beliefs that underlie actions.
The homestay includes full room and board as well as laundry and the cleaning of your room. Special dietary or housing accommodations may be made, but may be required at an additional fee. To ensure that the home will provide a warm and tranquil atmosphere, one conducive to learning, CC-CS staff discusses norms and policies with hosts and regularly inspects the homes.
For students interested in gaining Spanish skills prior to studying abroad, please consider taking Spanish classes at SMC. For more information, please click HERE.