“If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” – Cesare Pavese
Photo Credits: pixabay
- American University of Rome offers small classes with highly-renowned experts in every field
- Students will be able to cultivate strong relationships with faculty and other students in a highly interactive environment
- Throughout the semester, optional weekend excursions are offered to other Italian destinations
Due to its liberal arts foundation, AUR offers a wide variety of courses for study abroad students.
AUR Course Offerings
AUR Pre-Approved Courses List
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- An average of a 2.8 minimum cumulative AND major GPA;
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and October 1st for Spring Semester start programs
- Selection results will be announced early April for Academic Year/Fall Semester start programs and early November for Spring Semester start programs
- Study abroad deposit ($600) will be due upon acceptance
2018-2019 Semester Fees
*Tuition & Fees include tuition and medical insurance
|Tuition & Fees
|Room (Board Not Included)
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)
|Study Abroad Deposit (due one month after acceptance)
|Study Abroad Fee
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
Photo Credits: American University of Rome
This Lasallian International Programs Consortium opportunity is offered through La Salle University in collaboration with American University of Rome.
American University Rome (AUR) is a small, private university that is committed to offering liberal studies and professional courses in an international environment. AUR's liberal arts curriculum makes it an attractive study abroad location for students regardless of major. Located in the renowned Trastevere district, AUR's campus is surrounded by a garden of historic Roman pines on the crest of Rome's highest hill, the Janiculum. This location is in close proximity to the major parks of the Villa Sciarra and the Villa Pamphili, and the prestigious American Academy. Highly accessible by public transportation, AUR's campus serves as a great base from which students can experience the wonders of Rome.
Like many European universities, AUR does not provide housing directly on-campus. This gives students an opportunity to live among Romans during their semester abroad. Students will be placed with other study abroad students in 4 or 6-person flats within convenient commuting distance to AUR. All apartments have fully equipped kitchens, and students must be prepared to cook for themselves during their semester in Rome. The flats are also fully furnished with furniture, beds, towels, linens, and a washing machine. In addition, one computer with Internet service is provided in each flat. Students must only pack clothing and personal items to make their living experience complete
For students interested in gaining Italian skills prior to studying abroad, please consider taking a Italian class at SMC. For more information, please click HERE.