|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||SMC-CA applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Minimum GPA:||2.8||Eligible Class Standing:||2 Sophomore, 3 Junior|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Korean||Study Abroad Program Type:||Exchange Program|
|Housing:||Dormitory||Field of Study:||Business Administration, Communication, Economics, English, Global Regional Studies, Studio Art, Theater|
SeoulThe purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste the experience to the utmost, to reach our eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." --- Eleanor Roosevelt
Photo Credits: Heartywizard:Pixabay
AcademicsChung-Ang 2016-2017 English Courses
To see syllabi click HERE
SMC pre-approved courses (coming soon...)
- Experience one of the most technologically advanced cities in the world by studying abroad in Seoul, South Korea.
- Take classes in English surrounded by local Korean University students who will help guide you through your experience.
- Take advantage of the Cultural Experiences available through the program: Visit the Samsung Electronics Museum, See the Blue House (as opposed to the USA's White House) and try your hand (or foot) at Taekwondo.
- At least sophomore year standing (junior for some programs), SMC, Exchange & Lasallian programs meet senior residence requirements;
- Transfer students: Must complete 2 consecutive semesters at a four-year institution;
- An average of a 2.8 minimum cumulative AND major GPA (some programs require a 3.0 or above, see each program brochure for specifics);
- Confirmation of a clear record of disciplinary conduct with Residence Life
Cost2017-2018 Semester Fees
|Tuition & Fees||$22,768|
|Travel (Estimated International Flight)||$1,000|
|Personal Expenses (Estimated)||$1,100|
|Study Abroad Deposit||$600|
|Health Insurance Fee||$200|
|Study Abroad Fee||$28|
*NOTE: Tuition does not include excursion/lab/material fees associated with courses taken. Students are charged additional related course fees directly.
For Scholarship Resources please click HERE.
**NOTE: 2018/2019 Fees will not be updated until early February 2018
- Click on the "Apply Now" button on top right hand of this page to begin the process
- Deadlines: March 1st for summer/fall start programs and October 1st for spring start programs
- Selection results will be announced April 1st for summer/fall start programs and November 1st for spring start programs
- Study abroad/ housing deposit is due April 10th for fall start programs and November 10th for spring start programs.
Photo Credit: Chung-Ang University
Chung-Ang University is a private institution consisting of 10 undergraduate colleges and 16 graduate schools. Established in 1918, CAU has upheld its ideal of “Truth and Justice” and taken a leading role in nurturing intellectuals of the nation. Respected as leading institution providing quality education, CAU has sped up the pace of innovation in local education. Fully accredited by the Ministry of Education of Korea, CAU offers a wide range of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs including a law school, global MBA programs and a medical school.
Chung-Ang University listed as one of the top ten universities in South Korea has a long list of successful alumni including but not limited to singers, actors, directors, and broadcast producers. Furthermore, CAU is recognized as the nation’s best in the fields of pharmacy, culture and art education. As a major private institution, Chung-Ang University is fully committed to guiding its Korean and international students to envision their life goals and achieve their maximum potential in the increasingly competitive global society.